The Demonstration Fund is designed to provide assistance to companies with market-ready innovative technologies or products that have a clear potential for commercial viability. The primary purposes of the fund are to assist companies with marketing and business development activities, as well as to help those businesses with high-growth potential to reach a position to attract follow-on private sector funding.
Match Requirement and Award Structure
- Iowa-based company with innovative technology solution
- Fewer than 500 employees
- Advanced manufacturing, bioscience or information technology industries
- Competitive and protectable product, technology or process
- Business with a commitment to commercialize the product in the targeted industries
- Product ready for market introduction (exception for bioscience & medical device requiring regulatory approval)
- Essential management team in place (business development, financial operations & technology)
Awards up to $100,000 will be primarily in the form of loans or royalty arrangements with a 1:2 (Private : Public) match.
Use of Funds
- Acquire management/marketing personnel or expertise
- Purchase equipment
- Develop & execute marketing & distribution strategy & create marketing materials
- Develop/expand lead compounds (Bioscience - Pharmacology)
- Business model validation & refinement
- Market feedback on technology & recommended enhancements
How to Apply:
- An eligible business must submit a Demonstration Fund application to the Iowa Economic Development, Authority, 200 East Grand Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50309. Applications are reviewed for funding decisions on a bi-monthly basis.
- The IEDA has engaged the services of VentureNet Iowa to manage the application review process. VentureNet Iowa will contact you to discuss the application, Panel Review process and the presentation to the IEDA Technology and Commercialization Committee (TCC).
- The TCC can take one of the following actions on each application it considers: approve full funding for the proposal; approve partial funding for the proposal; deny funding for the proposal.
To learn more:
Phone: 515.471.1965 or 515.471.1300