The Iowa Economic Development Authority's (IEDA) International Trade Office (ITO) offers financial assistance to eligible Iowa small companies to help companies market their products and services to a global audience.
The Export Trade Assistance Program (ETAP) may reimburse eligible Iowa companies for up to 75 percent of defined international marketing expenditures in a qualifying trade show or IEDA trade mission held outside the U.S., to explore new markets or provide support to expand current markets.
The Domestic Trade Assistance Program (DTAP) may reimburse eligible Iowa companies for up to 75 percent of defined international marketing expenditures in a qualifying international trade show held in the United States, to explore new international markets or provide support to expand current markets.
The ExporTech Trade Assistance Program (ETech) may provide eligible Iowa companies for up to $2,000 reimbursement for participation in a CIRAS sponsored ExporTech™ training program.
All applicants (by Federal Identification Number) must meet the following criteria:
- Company size requirement:
- Employ fewer than 500 with at least 75 percent of applicant’s total number of employees employed within Iowa (by Employer Identification Number), and/or
- Meet SBA “Eligible Small Business Concern” size guidelines and provide signed certification form – sba.gov/size
- Provide certification company is not debarred from federal funding
- Have a product/service manufactured, produced, processed or have value-added in Iowa
- Company must have completed ITO surveys for prior financial assistance awards
Complete program information is available on the International Trade Assistance document which may be found in the RESOURCES area below.
Application & Approval
Only complete applications will be considered. Successful applicants will be funded on a first-come, first-served basis to the extent funds remain available.
Submit your application as soon as possible. Funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. Applications should be received AT LEAST 45 days in advance of an event.
International Grant Application System Instructions: [PDF: 3MB]
To learn more:
These programs are funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.