Meeting the needs of growing communities
This annual competitive program assists projects such as day care facilities, senior centers, vocational workshops and other community services such as storm water projects.
The program is funded through the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). The goal of this program is to provide economic opportunities for people, especially those of low- and moderate income.
Funding based on community population:
- Less than 300 and unincorporated areas can receive up to $1,000 per capita
- Less than 1,000 can receive up to $300,000
- Between 1,000 and 2,500 can receive up to $500,000
- Between 2,500 and 15,000 can receive up to $600,000
- Greater than 15,000 can receive up to $800,000
- Projects must primarily benefit low- and moderate income persons (per the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development definition)
- Projects must incorporate and support Iowa’s state sustainable principles
How to Apply